Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting organized


We seem to have papers covering most of the horizontal surfaces in our home. So much so, that to use the island in the kitchen I have to shift papers to a different location. Our dining room table is also always covered in mail, magazines, and other miscellaneous papers that are all waiting to be sorted and taken care of. So, my solution was to make a type of file pocket in which to place all of these papers and thereby freeing up counter and table space as well as keeping everything organized a bit better.

This first one is made from the fabric I used for my window treatments in our family room and kitchen. This version has two grommets at the top that allow me to hang it on the wall in our kitchen. The only reason it is not stuffed full of papers is because I spent an hour going through everything before I took this picture.

This second one is made out of canvas that I hand painted using a variety of techniques. I then added some 3 dimensional embellishments to make it more interesting. I decided to make a rod pocket at the top and insert a hanger so it can hang from a door hook in my studio. I am using this one to keep the magazines I am currently reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment